Sunday, December 27, 2015

Lolita 52 Challenge - Week 1

Greeting everyone!

I'm hoping 2016 will be a more organized year for me, where I actually publish blog posts instead of just starting and never finishing them haha. Since I want to change that, I have decided to go ahead and work on some blog challenges throughout the year and eventually start filling in with more stuff once I become comfortable with that.

I'm going to start the motivation momentum by beginning the Lolita 52 week challenge (originally posted by fyeahlolita). So here we go!



5 pieces that every Lolita wardrobe should have, regardless of style


  1. Number one for me in my so far experience with Lolita would be one pair of versatile shoes that are comfortable for walking/standing in for long periods of time. With things like conventions or meetups at the zoo, you don't want to be hobbling around after only an hour, so please, a pair of shoes that are comfortable for you to be in for long periods of time is a must. Leave the super fancy and slightly uncomfortable shoes for shorter meets.
  2. A decent sized bag that is again, versatile. I suffer from the predicament that all the cute bags I like barely hold much of anything, and that can be a real pain. Sometimes you just want or need to carry All! The! Things!
  3. A piece from your favorite brand, does not matter if it is a main piece or not. I will always remember and cherish the joy I felt when I got my first item from Baby, the Stars Shine Bright and it was just a simple, older headbow that I had bought secondhand.
  4. A lint roller. As funny as this may seem, it can be an essential, especially if you own pets. This is an absolute must in my repertoire. 
  5. Good hair or a good wig. This can either make or break an outfit visually in my opinion, well kept hair is always appreciated, no matter the substyle. 
There is tons of information out there for the basics of a wardrobe, so I tried to stick with some things that I have just dealt with personally so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment