Friday, January 1, 2016

30 Days Lolita - Day 1

Happy New Year everyone!

To start off the New Year, I have decided to do the 30 Days of Lolita (originally from The Random Lolita). This one might be a bit harder for me to keep up with (being a daily one) but I am going to try my best to power through it!



10 Things About Your Lolita Bubble
  1. I first found out about lolita when I was in middle school, around 2003-2004, through the internet where I found photos of these gorgeous people in gorgeous dresses and it led to me watching Kamikaze Girls in 2004-2005, which solidified my love of the fashion, even though it would be many years before I started collecting and wearing it.
  2. My favorite brand is Baby the Stars Shine Bright. I always have and I always will forever have a soft spot in my heart for this brand, partially because it was the first brand I discovered (and actively stalked the website before Google translate days, just to look at the photos) but mostly because I adore old school and love their styles the best when it comes to this.
  3. I am the Moderator of the Northwest Arkansas EGL community, and I am very lucky that it is filled with such awesome people that I'm able to be friends with, one of which I actually met at work!
  4. The spare bedroom in my home is my "lolita room".
  5. I work full time and attend school, so I try to make the most out of the meets I am able to attend and participate in.
  6. This year I got over my fear of buying from Japanese auctions through shopping services and I may have found a new addiction.
  7. I have seen a few "internet famous" lolitas, but was too shy to say hi to most of them. The ones I did say hi to have been very nice though, and I was at least brave enough to briefly say hi to Misako Aoki!
  8. My wardrobe is primarily a Sweet wardrobe, even though this was not my initial intention. My wardrobe just sort of gravitated this direction and I still find it amusing.
  9. I have to have matching sets when possible, usually a main piece with the headwear (the matching purse is an added bonus). I actually have turned down items I've wanted because they didn't come with the matching headwear.
  10. My dream dress is Wonder Story from Angelic Pretty (it will never fit me, but I wish there was someone local that owned it so I could see it in person more often)

No comments:

Post a Comment